The Yengkhom Netramani College of Nursing (YNCON), Kakching is situated in the southeastern part of Manipur at Lamdong, in Kakching District. The Institute is established with values to provide quality nursing education so as to achieve high level performance in Nursing Practice, Administration, Management and Research also leading to attainment of Bachelor degree in Nursing. It is the first and only institute with an area of 36,945sq.ft. in Kakching district providing Nursing Education.
The Parent Hospital of this institute is 100 bedded Jivan Hospital situated at the same campus. The Hospitalis a registered private partnership firm/trust with Regn.No.35 of 2007-2008 whose belief is to provide hope & healing to every patient and effective medical care 24x 7 to the people residing in and around Kakching.
The Affiliated Hospitals of this institute are the (1) Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Lamphelpat, (2) Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS), Porompat, Imphal-East, (3) Thoubal District Hospital, (4) Chandel District Hospital and (5) Raj Medicity Hospital.
The Rural Community Health Center, Kakchingand Urban Primary Health Center, Kakching are the Community Health Nursing Practice areas of Yengkhom Netramani College of Nursing, Kakching for B.Sc. Nursing program.
- To impart excellent quality and ethically valued education for development of nursing profession.
- To provide quality education for holistic development of the students.
- To provide knowledge through innovative teaching and technological strategies, incorporating theory, research and evidence based practice to deliver effective nursing services.
- To produce highly skilled and competent nurses to achieve global competence.
“To be recognized as a leading Institution in offering excellence in quality of nursing education for delivery of enlightened, compassionate, socially committed, competent health care professional for the promotion of a valuable culture of preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative consciousness of health care to cover unreached areas.”
Rules And Regulations
- All the students are required to conduct himself/herself in a disciplined and befitting manner and maintain the decorum both inside and outside the Institute premises.
- Breach of discipline and failure to abide by the rules and regulations of the Institute, hostel or mess or if any student is found indulging in ragging or any other undesirable, illegal, anti social or destructive activities in the college, he/she is liable to be fined or rusticated or expelled from the college.
- Summer:White Apron, Light Blue Shirt, Black Trouser, Black Shoes with White Socks.
- Winter: White Apron, Light Blue Shirt, Black Trouser, Black Sweater, Black Shoes with White Socks.
Every student must possess an identity card issued from the Institute. It should be kept on his/her possession while moving inside or outside the college premises. He/she shall have to pay for the ID card at the rate fixed by the college.: White Apron, Light Blue Shirt, Black Trouser, Black Sweater, Black Shoes with White Socks.
No Students Union(S) based on caste, creed, religion, linguistic, regional or political lines shall be allowed.
The college library is well stocked with books and Journal (National and International). All readers/users are expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the library.
As per the Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated the 16th May, 2007 ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in this institution.
Definition of Ragging: Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts (as per INC/UGCregulation/Notification).
Ragging includes any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of harassing, teasing, treating or handling with rudeness of any student, including in rowdy or undisciplined activities which cause or are likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the student to do any act or perform something by which such student will noting the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique of a fresher or a junior student.
The following guidelines of the UGC/INC shall be strictly followed:
- Every student shall furnish a character certificate from the institution where from he/she has passed his/her qualifying examination, which would mention the status of his/ her behavior pattern especially in the terms as to whether he/she has displayed persistent violent or aggressive behavior or any desire to harm others.
- An annual undertaking signed by each student , whether fresher or senior and his/her parent(s)jointly stating that each of them have read the relevant instructions/ regulations against ragging as well as punishments, and that if the ward has been found guilty he/she shall be proceeded.
Such an undertaking shall be furnished in the prescribed format given in annex-III& IV, typed on a non-judicial stamp paper of prescribed value (By Oath Commissioner) and duly signed in the presence of an Oath Commissioner. The same shall be submitted at the beginning of each academic year by the student.
The college has an ANTI- RAGGING COMMITTEE comprising of senior teachers of the institution and an ANTI-RAGGING SQUAD, comprising of other than senior teachers of the institution, representatives of Civil & Police administration and local media.
Any person who indulges in ragging shall be dealt with severely as per instructions on the subject. The ANTI-RAGGING COMMITTEE and identified persons will ensure that no ragging goes on in the premises of the college. If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, the concerned student shall be given liberty to explain and if his/her explanation is not found satisfactory the authority would take up necessary actions as per INC/UGC rules.
AFFILIATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS
|Name of the Affiliated Council /University/Hospital
|Accreditations/ Affiliated Number
|Indian Nursing Council (New Delhi)
|Manipur Nursing Council(Manipur)
|Manipur University (Canchipur)
|Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital,Porompat
|Regional Institute of Medical Sciences,Imphal